Mitsubishi PLC FX5U and Mitsubishi Servo Drive MR-JE-20A interfacing Ladder Program
To learn and understand interfacing of PLC (Mitsubishi FX5U) and Servo amplifier (MR-JE-20A).
To understand communication and signal wiring between mentioned PLC and Servo amplifier.
1) Mitsubishi FX5U PLC
2) Mitsubishi Servo Drive MR-JE-20A
3) Mitsubishi Servo HG-KN23 0.64N 3000 rpm
4) Servo Power Cable
5) Servo Encoder Cable
6) Power cable for PLC & Servo Drive
7) CN1 Cable
8) USB A to B mini Data Cable
9) SMPS 24V
10) 0.5 gauge wires for connection
11) MCB 16A
- GX Works3 (Version 1.054G)
- MR Configurator2 Version 1.70Y
- Start the GX Works 3, and create new project.
- In the left navigation panel expand options as follows:
Project > Parameter > FX5UCPU > Module Parameter > High Speed I/O .
In the output function select positioning
- Open Detailed setting and set the following settings as shown.
For Axis 1
Pulse Output Mode > 1: PULSE/SIGN
Output Device SIGN > Y4
Max. Speed > 200000 pps
- Click the Check button, and the No Error Found Dialogue should pop up. If so, Click Apply and proceed further. If no, click Restore Default Settings and Set up again.
- Now Create the following program in main Ladder program body.
- Rebuild all and Download by selecting ‘Parameters + Program’.
- Wait for downloading to finish and reset the cpu
- Add the D0 and D2 to watch window by selecting data type to Double Word.
The frequency (speed) and distance of servo travel can be adjusted from here for verification
- Start MR Configurator 2 and create new project.
Set the Station number as 00
- Double click on parameters to open parameter window.
- Navigate to Function Display > Position Control
- Set pulse train filter selection to 200kpulse/s or less
- Now open Electronic Gear Ratio on same window and set the following
Electronic Gear Selection > Electronic Gear
Motor Encoder Resolution > 131072
Electronic Gear Numerator > 1
Electronic Gear Denominator > 1
- Set Accel/Deccel Constant to 1000 mS for smooth start stop
- Navigate to Function Display > Common > basic
Open Encoder Output Pulses
- Set the Encoder Output Pulses settings as follows
Pulse Setting Selection > Output Pulse Similar to command Pulses
Encoder Resolution > 131072
- Navigate to List Display in parameter settings and select I/O
Set PD01 to > 1C04
- The explanation for PD01 is as follows
- Save the project and click axis writing. After a successful write. Turn off Servo amplifier. wait for 10 sec. and turn on again to apply new parameters.
- Verify the output by changing frequency and distance by changing PLC memory value.